Beautifully detailed oriental carpets can add a touch of sophistication to any home. A good oriental carpet can be expensive, but they are high quality and if they receive the proper care, can last a lifetime. You can perform regular, proper cleaning of an oriental carpet yourself, or you can hire an experienced cleaning company to take care of this for you, who will often also repair any damage your carpet may have endured.
If you are planning on doing the carpet cleaning yourself follow these tips:
- To ensure your oriental carpet lasts longer, the first step is to limit how dirty it gets in the first place. Making a rule of no shoes in the house can help keep your floors, rugs, and carpets cleaner longer.
- If your carpet becomes stained, be sure to treat the stain right away. The longer it sits, the harder it will be to get out and the more likely it is to damage the carpet.
- Start your carpet cleaning process by vacuuming both sides of the carpet.
- Next, use a mild rug shampoo. Do not scrub the carpet, run a laundry brush along the carpet in the direction of the nap. You may want to test the carpet shampoo on a small area first to ensure it is not too strong and will not make the colors run.
- Once gently brushed, rinse your carpet with warm water. Squeeze the excess water out using a squeegee.
- Lay flat to dry and allow enough time for the carpet to dry out completely.
- Vacuum one last time.
And with this you get all the direction you need to do proper carpet cleaning of most oriental carpets or rugs. It is not a hard job to do, it only takes some effort and time to do it. Focus your attention on getting the job done, turn on some music for atmosphere and it will all be done before you know it.